www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] Best all round speaker setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> ICE and Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MR2Kyle

Feedback Score: 0

1999 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [Turbo] Best all round speaker setup Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi folks,
For a pure and crisp sound what would be your ideal setup? Not looking for everyone to know what I'm listening to but I do like my music! Also fairly simple installation as I'm new to that side of things [Anxious]
Thanks folks [thumleft]
markstevieandmads

Feedback Score: 5

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I've got a set of components for the front drs and tweeters in original positions and a sub in a custom box. Components driven straight from head unit and sub from amp. If u like it loud then you may need to all the components too.

I like all sorts of music but this pretty much covers everything.
SonicSW20
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 12

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

4 channel amp that can operate in 3 channel mode, 6.5inch components for the front amped, and a 10inch sub behind a seat. If you're at JAE this year I'll give you a quick demo of mine.
mrfil13

Feedback Score: 10

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I have the 6.5 fronts components, tweaters, 10" sub in the box behind drivers seat, two amps driving them all.

The thing that has made a massive difference is i now have a Sound Blaster E5. Phone connects to that via bluetooth, that connects to the headunit. Its a DAC/AMP but the difference it makes vs phone direct to the headunit is huge.
SonicSW20
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 12

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I keep looking at the Audison processors. A lot of money though!
mrfil13

Feedback Score: 10

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Probably abit much for in car audio.

The DSP on the Soundblaster is fantastic. Only increased the sub bass on the equ a little but the bass boost within the DSP does a fantastic job at pretty much everything i have chucked at it.
rev3gtturbo

Feedback Score: 1

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Best all round speaker setup Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

MR2Kyle wrote:
Not looking for everyone to know what I'm listening to

Good plan... it will save your hearing.

I liked the speakers that were put in my car (alpine spg-13cs) but they need to be turned up a bit too loud to hear the detail in the music being played. The louder they are the better the sound. Too loud to have a conversation with a passenger without turning it down.

That is just with a modest upgrade with door components speakers run off the head unit with no amp/sub.

Would rather have that sound quality at a lower volume so would be interested in what people recommend in case I ever need to replace these.
Between jobs so sensible price kit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> ICE and Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: