www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
My 400whp saga, Mapping today!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blogsy

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Unlucky mate, I've got a phenolic spacer on mine. I got it from ATS racing, he told me in an email when I asked the question about gaskets, that it doesn't need any either side of it, so I'm using mine on it's own as recommended by Scot. Anyway good luck next time, It's surprising how nervous you get ha ha. Have you seen the movie American Graffiti when Harrison Ford suggests that Milner's Car is p1$$ Yellow, Lot of shades of that lol good luck next time mate.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 18

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yeah that’s what i read too but they guy down at RA says he always uses gaskets with them. I should really inspect the inlet for a warp anyway while it’s off. Would be silly not to. Painter reckons 4 weeks maximum for the car so that takes me to the 1st of august. Hopefully i can have it mapped that week.

Yeah I was so nervous about the rolling road ha! I will say this, Now that the car is fuelling properly the difference in engine bay temps is quite shocking, It’s a good bit cooler now than it was.

www.straitupstudios.co.uk
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

So decided to go with signal (not solar) yellow but with a nebula yellow pearl laquer. Colour is the same as this audi in the link.

https://www.dipyourcar.com/products/nebula-yellow-pearl?variant=5631600708

This is with a yellow undercoat but doesn't say which paint code the undercoat is. So here's hoping it's similar to this anyway!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Couple pics. Wanting to change the LEDs in the dials to match my gauges.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

painter cracking on with this. So glad i decided to do this now as the tbar area was really bad. Sill are an absolute disgrace. Metal under the side vent is bad too. Think the windows are coming out to do the rest. Not quite a bare shell respray but taking off as much as he can. It's their first job in their new unit (next door to my recording studio) so they want it to be really on point as the car will be a bit of an advert for them.
Vapid
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1

1998 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Can't wait to see the final result of all of this, it's going to be awesome.

Also, the thread looks a lot more tidy now that the troll has been eradicated.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yeah that was all a bit weird eh haha! Yeah I’m really looking forward to it being done! Also being back to a toyota colour fills me with joy haha!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: