www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
TOTB V - Hour Long Video!

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Events -> Event Videos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rogue

Feedback Score: 14

2000 Toyota MR2 Mk3 Roadster V6

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: TOTB V - Hour Long Video! Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

[url]http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-3966203838342901287&q=totb[/url]

Skip ahead to 45:30 to see Andrew Standring's MR2 take apart a Nissan Skyline. [Twisted Evil]

Rogue
michael

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: TOTB V - Hour Long Video! Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Rogue wrote:
[url]http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-3966203838342901287&q=totb[/url]

Skip ahead to 45:30 to see Andrew Standring's MR2 take apart a Nissan Skyline. [Twisted Evil]

Rogue

Patrick, there is more to life than Andrew Standring, seriously.
Rogue

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: TOTB V - Hour Long Video! Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

michael wrote:
Patrick, there is more to life than Andrew Standring, seriously.

I'm not pointing out Andrew's car because we sponsored it, but because it was the fastest MR2 of the day. Given the criticism the IMOC-UK TOTB team has recieved since the event - like the guy on the Skyline forum who said that MR2s shouldn't even be there - it seemed appropriate to highlight it. It's also the only clip I could find where an MR2 beats a quarter mile opponent.

Patrick
jonno

Feedback Score: 0

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Maybe they should drop the handling circuit all together [Smile]
Rogue

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

jonno wrote:
Maybe they should drop the handling circuit all together [Smile]

...and the high speed run?

The main focus of TOTB has always been the quarter mile, there's no point pretending otherwise. Handling circuit figures are meaningless to anyone who's never been on there because there's nothing to compare it to in the real world - whereas a quarter mile is a quarter mile. You can take these results and compare them directly to your own car.

That said, we identified the handling circuit as the event where an MR2 could shine and made that the focus of Mike JC's car - to the detriment of his quarter mile time.

You may have overlooked the suggestion I made that the handling circuit should be made up of two circuits side-by-side where cars race each other Autocross style. Not only would this double the capacity and halve the waiting times, but would illustrate some of the giant killing abilities of the none skyline / evo / imprezas. I think it would elevate the status of this discipline.

So to clarify my previous statement, Andrew Standring was the fastest quarter mile MR2 of the day, Nick McCann was the fastest top speed Mr2 of the day and Neil Johnson was the fastest handling MR2 of the day.

Patrick
revturbo

Feedback Score: 5

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

patrick,

what was the top speed of the said mr2?
Rogue

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Richard Powell wrote:

Nick managed a whopping 161.1mph. See the results thread in the "Past Events" section for all of the results.

Patrick
jonno

Feedback Score: 0

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Rogue wrote:
Richard Powell wrote:

Nick managed a whopping 161.1mph. See the results thread in the "Past Events" section for all of the results.

Patrick

Well, indeed, it does make you wonder why they bother running anything other than the 1/4!

I think maybe its time I took myself along to Santa Pod and forced myself to learn "launching" [Sad]

161.1mph is insanely fast in an MR2 though - rather him than me!

Neil.
FreeFall

Feedback Score: 1

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

jonno wrote:

161.1mph is insanely fast in an MR2 though - rather him than me!

Neil.

[Laughing] Especially when your two front undertrays blow off at 150 and fold up under the car [Shocked]

Actually, that was my 157 mph run, the trays had been removed when I did the 161.1

I reckon the top speed will be down now as I've just swapped 235/40 for 245/35...

Nick
ENSMR2

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Rogue wrote:

You may have overlooked the suggestion I made that the handling circuit should be made up of two circuits side-by-side where cars race each other Autocross style. Not only would this double the capacity and halve the waiting times, but would illustrate some of the giant killing abilities of the none skyline / evo / imprezas. I think it would elevate the status of this discipline.

Erm and have one lose control and possibly take out the other car????

Thats just dangerous!
Mikejc

Feedback Score: 3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

ENSMR2 wrote:
Rogue wrote:

Thats just dangerous!

Given the size of the area I'm pretty sure that you could have the track and cars far enough apart to avoid such a thing happening [Wink]

Mikejc
ENSMR2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Mikejc wrote:
ENSMR2 wrote:
Rogue wrote:

Thats just dangerous!

Given the size of the area I'm pretty sure that you could have the track and cars far enough apart to avoid such a thing happening [Wink]

Mikejc

The way I saw some cars spin off, it'd still be a big risk man!

A pretty close race side by side and one on the inside takes a bend too hot a whoosh , they fly over........

I would imagine the risk would be too high for the event organisers anyway.
FreeFall

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

ENSMR2 wrote:

A pretty close race side by side and one on the inside takes a bend too hot a whoosh , they fly over........

I think Patrick means having two completely separate circuits, not two lanes running parallel to each other - now that would be interesting at the crossover...

You could put the circuits 100m apart or more. Funnily enough I had this same thought on the day - would have cut right down on the queue time.

Nick
revturbo

Feedback Score: 5

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

FreeFall wrote:
ENSMR2 wrote:

I think Patrick means having two completely separate circuits, not two lanes running parallel to each other - now that would be interesting at the crossover...

You could put the circuits 100m apart or more. Funnily enough I had this same thought on the day - would have cut right down on the queue time.

Nick

i know its a bit more 'organised' but the wrc do it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Events -> Event Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: