www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Generic] My New Install
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> ICE and Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madbasshunter

Feedback Score: 96

1991 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

No I am not using power caps as they don't do a lot to be honest, and with the big 3 done I am at 14.8 volts at the sub amp on tick over even booming I was still in the 14's but I am making changes as have a 1ohm stable amp now [Wink] . This will double my sub power from 500 watts RMS to 1000 watts and still 300 to the doors [Cool]
Have been talking to someone about deregulating my alternator [Wink]
2mad
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 20

1990 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

madbasshunter wrote:
Have been talking to someone about deregulating my alternator [Wink]

If you can boost the alternators power output .. big bassline will be had .. would love to have a look round your setup .. man after my own hart [thumleft]

Id say do a vid but all you hear is distortion on the sound track ..... keep it up though dude .. do love me some b-line .. since 94 in my cars [Mr. Green]
benjo

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Can anyone tell me which tweeter fit in oem place
parker455

Feedback Score: 7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Don't suppose you've still got that confetti recaro clive..?
madbasshunter

1991 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I use the oem toyota tweeter mounts, remove the original tweeter and fit the new one, so most will fit

Sorry Tom I sold the Recaro SR3's to Mike when I got the SR5's [Sad] which I do regret
madbasshunter

1991 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Haven't updated this for a while [Embarassed]
There have been a lot of changes which mean its all being refitted with a few differences [Wink]

Decided as well as upgrading the charging I would do the same to the earth and as I am using the oem Toyota starter cable as an additional charging wire using a 0 gauge wire from alternator to starter cable, I decided to run another Toyota starter cable as earth. Starting at the stock earthing point behind the P/S box I have a 0 gauge from battery earth to body earth bolt, where the new wire is also attached, then runs down centre tunnel alongside starter cable

Then into engine bay alongside starter cable to the gearbox mount where its bolted down across from the engine earth

I have more earthing to add but the charging is looking good

Highest I have seen so far is 15.4v

RCA's remote and speaker wires are run between boot and cabin

and frunk is finally back together with the C-Tek charging plug connected to the battery but now in the passenger footwell so access isn't needed to the battery

17" spare only just fitted with a new 215/40 tyre [Rolling Eyes]
2mad
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 20

1990 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Bass-line onboard [Mr. Green]

Wicked [Applause]
madbasshunter

1991 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Removing the charcoal carrier provided a good place for the audio fuse, 0 gauge cable goes from alternator to starter positive, then one cable to battery and the other to this fuse holder

Then from fuse holder into the boot

Using this screw in fitting

Amps are now in place, my old kac-ps521 sub amp now runs the doors, the covers will be back on soon

The amp seems happy with the voltage

I finally got round to fitting my temporary sub box (I purchased last year)
to find it put my amp into protect

Quick test of the voice coil showed

when it should be reading 4 ohms like the other speakers

[Sad]
madbasshunter

1991 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I dragged my kicker box out and rewired it from 4 ohms to 1 ohm this way the sub amp will be putting out 1000 watts RMS

Port fires over the headrest but I might put a fishnet headrest on instead :p

Found a tablet will fit in the phone holder in for the Toyobd1

madbasshunter

1991 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

The external port seemed to beg for a fishnet headrest [Very Happy]

So I added one on the passenger side which is perfect for the port to restyle the passengers hair [Laughing]

I prefer the solid headrest so run one of each now

madbasshunter

1991 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Sadly my kac-ps810d amp died and to be fair it didn't really feel like it was twice the power of the old amp. So I have gone pack to the old set up off the ps521 feeding 500w rms to the sub and the kac7251 putting 150w rms to each door

Its pretty obvious the other amp was never working properly from the day I bought it from a member on here, as its now louder and clearer but with nearly half the power it supposedly had [shocked] here is a bit of a demo

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3dbsoylpgsmqig/Stereo%20in%20car%20vid.mp4?dl=0
madbasshunter

1991 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Pictures can be found here http://s536.photobucket.com/user/madbasshunter/library/My%20MR2%20Install
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> ICE and Security All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: